Search "ACETSY" to find a great variety of ACEO's on Etsy

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Zentangles


(c) Melanie Pruitt 2010 "Peacock"


I've recently discovered a type of drawing/doodle called "Zentangle" or "Zendoodle". Whatever you call it, it's quite relaxing and fun!

I've chosen to do mine over a background of watercolor which is less traditional, but it fits "me". Then, you do a basic single line that travels all around. From there, the doodle begins to take on a life of it's own!

My first one reminded me an abstract Peacock so that's what I titled it.

(c) Melanie Pruitt 2010 "Fish"

This second one had the look of a fish - and I even added an eye shape, so I titled it "Fish".

These are quickly becoming one of my favorite types of ACEO's to create!

The are both available in my shop The Creators Palette

Search "ACETSY" for a huge variety of ACEO's on Etsy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Is there anyone who can resist the beauty of peacock feathers?

irinasztukowski said...

Besides the fact that these ACEO's are amazing, I love the presentation. Hard to believe it is made by hand; it looks like computer art - so precise, so accurate. Thank you, Irina

Mirjana Novak Cesar said...

They're really looking great.
Presentation is wonderful, too.

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful Melanie!

Acetsy Team 2008 Autumn Video