Search "ACETSY" to find a great variety of ACEO's on Etsy

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Zentangle Design for mounting a favorite ACEO"

I am always trying to find a unique and unusual way to showcase an ACEO.  When I began this latest design I thought it would be interesting to try my hand at a border and see where that would take me.  Over the days that I worked on this piece I became intrigued with the idea that it might serve to make a nice background on which to mount a favorite ACEO.  So, as the work progressed, that overall idea became my theme.

Once I had completed my objective, I scanned the art piece to my computer and printed out a copy to see how it would work.  It was printed on an 8.5"x11" sheet of acid free paper and the printed area measures 8"x10.25".  I took one of my "The Letter B" ACEO's (with white background), placed a piece of double-sided tape on the back of the ACEO centered it on the blank center of the print and affixed it to the top of the print.  I then trimmed off the edges of the print to fit an 8"x10" frame and the result is what you see in the example I photographed and included here as a sample.

I think it turned out rather well and plan to list it in My Etsy Shop.  I would really like to hear what you think about this idea.

"Zentangle Design for mounting a favorite ACEO"

"Framed example with ACEO affixed to the center"

"Another example with Basket Full Of Posies"


I am not sure what I should call this, do you have an idea or thought?  A mounting design for an ACEO?
Thanks!

7 comments:

IrelandBrady said...

Look forward to hearing from you about this idea!

Vicki said...

Very pretty!

Vicki said...

I think I would call it an ACEO decorative mat.

IrelandBrady said...

Oh, I like that Graceful ... a decorative mat, nice. Thanks!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I think it is a great idea & design! Graceful Moments came up with a perfect name, too!

Unknown said...

wow these are great designs!!

IrelandBrady said...

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment, Freckles! Appreciate it!

Acetsy Team 2008 Autumn Video